Sunday 12 February 2012

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

On a recent discussion among friends, everyone agreed that they prefer to be given a smaller slice of cake but have the option to have seconds or thirds; rather than one big slab of cake, even though the quantity eaten at the end is the same. I felt the same way. I think there's a just greater satisfaction in being able to eat more.

And you certainly, well, myself and my friends at least, want to eat more of these brownies. They're dark and moist, and when you bite into the peanut butter swirl, you get delicious saltiness against the sweetness.

The recipe for this brownies is from Ina Garten. So if you're familiar with Ina's recipes, you know, this is not diet food. Yes, there are LOADS of butter, chocolate and sugar in this recipe. But do keep in mind that this makes lots of brownies. I cut mine into 30 medium slices, but you could as easily cut it into smaller pieces or bigger if you prefer.

I made a couple of changes to the recipe to suit my liking. One, I swapped the quantity of the milk chocolate and the dark chocolate. I always prefer dark chocolate, but obviously this is to your preference. Two, and I think you'd be grateful for this, I reduced the amount of sugar by nearly half. Because I don't want the delicious bitter taste of the dark chocolate to completely disappear.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday...


Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Recipe by Ina Garten
For list of ingredients and instructions, click here.

12 comments:

  1. Great recipe!!!
    Have a nice Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... LARGE slice and then another large slice. Thank you... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how you feel about Nigella? That's how I feel about Ina. Her recipes never disappoint me. These brownies would be awesome.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading more and more about the success of Ina's recipes- thank you for pointing us towards another great sounding one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great brownies recipe,sound yummy i love the swirls taste and peanut butter on this brownies:)
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great. I can almost taste them just looking at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no way I'm going to make these!
    No earthly way.

    I simply could not be trusted not to eat the whole pan.
    Perhaps even in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it wrong to want the whole pan?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want the whole pan like right at this moment! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look fantastic Michael, a little butter here and there is a delicious thing :)
    Happy Valentines Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always inspire me with your droolworthy desserts, Peanut butter swirl brownies are to be hidden from everyone else...I would not tell them I made it, just keep it for myself to ration out the pieces! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Michael, I'm laid horizontal with the flu and am just feeling well enough to do some blog surfing. You're brownies are exactly what my appetite needs right now! Might not be good for me but... Oh they'd make me happy! X

    ReplyDelete