Tuesday 20 July 2010

baked chocolate mousse with berries

After a big, satisfying meal, there is no need to put out dessert. No one would really go hungry without it. But my view is, dessert is not about necessity; it's about luxury and indulgence. That's why desserts have to be something extraordinary. And extraordinary doesn't mean fancy or complicated. It's more like my baked chocolate mousse with berries.


The mousse only requires four ingredients: dark chocolate, butter, eggs and sugar; and twenty minutes in the oven. I am always amazed by how delicious this dessert is every time I make it. The baked mousse has this cake-like exterior even though it's flour-less; and inside is the gooey-est and lighter than a feather chocolate filling. The mousse is topped with vanilla whipped cream, sliced strawberries and raspberries which give freshness and summertime feeling to it.

4 comments:

  1. I am just about to have breakfast.... but all I can think about is this! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks almost unbearably delicious. It is gorgeous. You have made me hungry. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really AWESOME!It's perfectly presented, as always...
    Must be delicious!!!
    Have a good day,
    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty!!!! I want a bite of that right now.

    ReplyDelete