Friday 4 June 2010

spoilt

As much as I love having friends around and cooking for them, I also enjoy being the guest (though this doesn't happen very often, but very exciting when it actually happened). The past few weeks I have been invited for several meals and I'd like to share some of them:

My friend Adam made this lovely Irish Lasagne, which he called Spudagne a few weeks back. It's still lasagne but instead of layering sheets of pasta over the meat sauce, he used mashed potatoes (spuds) and then topping it with white bechamel sauce and loads of cheese before baking in the oven. My other friend, however jokingly called the dish as cottage pie which stirred up some debates. Well, call it whatever you like, but I will call it delicious comfort food.

Last weekend, Kelly and I were invited for Glee evening at Cailean's friend's mansion. The house was beautiful and somehow I felt like we were transported from the North East of England to Tuscany. It could be the effect of the long island iced tea and big glasses of wine we had.
After a lot of food, Glee, laughs and chats and a good night sleep, in the morning for breakfast, we had cinnamon swirls, Danish pastries, and Cailean prepared some eggs benedict that consisted of half of an English muffin, topped with bacon, poached egg, hollandaise sauce and chives. yum.

Also at the same weekend, I was invited for a BBQ at Nina and Fitim's house. However, the weather wasn't the best so most of the cooking had to be done indoor. Nina must had been cooking for hours because she prepared so many dishes. There were prawns cooked in oyster sauce, spicy lamb kebab with peppers, grilled corn on the cob, grilled chicken, vegetable dumplings soup, meatballs cooked in tomato and coriander sauce and a vegetable dish which I cannot remember. What a feast and they were all delish!

And tonight I was invited for another extensive meal, and this time, not only one but three of my friends cooked for us. Thank you to Cindy, Shirley and Tere. We had Chinese chicken and corn soup, fried cauliflower, vegetable stir-fry, curried vegetable, steamed chicken and a beef dish cooked in soy sauce. After all that delicious food, we then had rum and raisin ice-cream. Just perfect to end the night.

Thank you everyone for having me and for your hospitality. I am so spoilt and I cannot wait for your turn to come to mine or for your other invites. :)

Have a great one.

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful meals to share! May there be many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good friends make for great company and marvelous food. Your meals all sound wonderful. I also want to thank you for the birthday wishes. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed Joy, May there be many more! :)

    I hope you had a great birthday Mary. All the best.

    ReplyDelete