Wednesday 19 May 2010

treats

I've been bringing treats for my friends at work the past couple of days.

Yesterday I made carrot cupcakes with orange and honey frosting, one of the easiest and quickest thing to make ever and so refreshing with the orange zests in the frosting. The most frustrating thing for me was to wait for the cupcakes to cool before frosting them, but I survived...


And earlier this week, my boss mentioned something about strawberry cheesecake and I thought, "hmmm... I haven't had strawberry cheesecake in a while. I like strawberry cheesecake. And how come I never made it before". And so this is what I brought to the office today:

My Strawberry, Lemon and White Chocolate Cheesecake


I made the cake the night before to let it set in the fridge. I had so much fun experimenting with the cake because I didn't actually follow any recipes. I just go with what I felt like.

Anyway, the cheesecake was delicious. It was demolished within seconds.

Whilst eating the cake, an ingredient occurred in my mind: basil. I had white chocolate bar with strawberries and basil from Finland before I thought basil will just add a different dimension to the cake. I've got to try it!

After a session in the gym to burn some of the calories from all the good things from the past days, I went home and I had another experiment by making parmesan and thyme crackers. They just came out from the oven, looking good and smelling absolutely gorgeous; and I'm waiting for them to cool down a little bit (*sigh).

Have a good night everyone.

3 comments:

  1. These cup cakes and the cheesecake both look wonderful. I couldn't resist them if they were around. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I'm just jumping back in to let you know you correctly identifies 2 od the 3 countries we'll be visiting. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary. 2 out of 3. That's not bad... :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete