Sunday 25 April 2010

Lime and coconut chicken

I had a great night out yesterday with friends from work... lovely food, great company and lots to drink. I woke up this morning and I craved a burrito. I first discovered burrito when I lived in California during high school. My favourite has got to be the carne asada burrito with grilled steak. It's a little on a heavy side for the morning, so I made a breakfast burrito instead with eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese, salsa and jalapeƱos. Yum! and to drink I made banana and peanut butter smoothie.

Fast forward to dinner, this evening I made lime and coconut chicken, a recipe I found from a very scrumptious blog, One Perfect Bite. When I read about this recipe, I just got to try it and I did and it was utterly delicious. The chicken is marinated in coconut milk, soy sauce, lime zest, cumin, coriander, curry powder, sugar and cayenne (what not to like from that list?) before grilled to perfection. YUM! I want to thank Mary, the author of the blog for sharing this recipe.

I served the chicken with coconut rice with flaked almonds and coriander, and a crunchy salad with Asian dressing.



Have a good night everyone...

2 comments:

  1. Michael, thank you so much for your very kind words and for the link to my blog. I'm so glad you enjoyed the chicken. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure Mary. The recipe was so delicious and I had to share it with everyone else. Have a wonderful day to you too.

    ReplyDelete