Sunday 31 January 2010

As promised

Yesterday I had some friends over, as usual, and I made boeuf bourguignon, a dish Julia Child once described as one of the most delicious beef dishes concocted by man. And I couldn't agree more.

I used Julia Child's recipe and I love how its written with such great care and attention to details. And I think that's the secret; as cliché as it sounds, however true, you've got to put that extra special ingredients when cooking: love and passion; and that what makes any good dish, GREAT.

The well-known French beef stew was served with boiled new potatoes and slices of country bread, toasted and rubbed with garlic clove.

For dessert, I made ultimate fruit meringue with vanilla cream, hazelnuts and caramel, served on a big serving board and all we needed was spoons. yum...



ps. Adam F, Adam O and Meg, thanks for the company. To keep with the French theme, I think we should have duck a l'orange next time. ;)

Day 153, Recipe 71

No comments:

Post a Comment